2.26.2011

realizing.

This week has been full of realization. Which is a good thing, mostly.

I realized people will talk about people behind their backs. Even if they are standing right there.
I realized parents can be too strict or not strict enough.
I realized that curiosity doesn't always kill the cat, sometimes it gives the cat some warm delicious milk.
I realized the present is a present.
I realized that doing something over and over isn't going to change the outcome.
I realized people will always be difficult.
I realized it will never hurt to ask for help.
I realized if you try to hard to impress other people, you will lose yourself.
I realized people can't make you do anything, yes they can trick you into doing something, but you are the one that fell for it.
I realized bad things do happen to good people, thus, good things happen to bad people.
I realized people deserve a second chance, but maybe not a fourth or seventh.
I realized there are always going to be people out there who are selfish and want to hurt you.

I guess realizing things are good. Unless they change how you look towards things or people. I don't want how I look at a person to change just because I realize something. Change can be good. Keyword: CAN. Change isn't amazing. I have this quote by my bed, so here it is:

"There is a tendency to think of change as the enemy. Many of us are suspect of change and will often fight and resist it before we have even discovered what the actuall effects will be. When change is thought through carefully, it can produce the most rewarding and profound experiences in life" - Marvin J. Ashton.

So if we accept change, it will be great. But if you are a stick in the mud when it comes to change, like myself, you won't really like realizing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment