2.20.2011

midnight.

In 20 minutes it will be midnight.
One thing I don't really understand about midnight is the significance it has.
I understand that it is the start of a new day, new hour, new minute. ect. ect.
But why do we strive for it?
Why do we want to stay up til midnight.
Talk till midnight.
Eat at midnight.
Look at the stars at midnight.
Drive at midnight.
See a midnight movie showing.

Why don't we stay up til one?
Talk till one?
Eat at one?
Look ate the stars at one?
Drive at one?
See a..... oh.
That one got me. You can't see a midnight showing at one.
I guess I just answered my question.

Midnight is just fun. It's nothing deeper than that.

This weekend was weird. So weird.
Friday. Went to school and took a test. My teachers picked on me.
But what's new?
Mr. Revelli.
Oh Mr. Revelli, why do you think I am so stupid?
Yes, I do have blond hair. But why in the heck does that make you think that I can't answer some of your pointless questions about medical science. It's not like I'm planning on going into medical science. Heck, I cry at the sight of a needle. Maybe, the reason I didn't know the answer to your question was because, a) I was thinking on a much deeper level than why doctors need to be careful when they are talking to a woman from India rather than a woman from England.
b) I couldn't care less. c) You are the most boring teacher in the history of Lone Peak, teaching the most boring class in the history of Lone Peak. Or d) I was daydreaming about Jeff (name changed).
Right after school I had the pleasure of going to a knee surgeon. I hate surgeons.
Surgeons mean surgery. Surgery means needles. And needles mean a freaked out Sam.
I got the "oh so wonderful" cortisone shot while I was there.
Cortisone, from my understanding, is a type of steroid that is naturally produced in some gland somewhere in your body. If you have it injected it will reduce inflammation. And something in my knee is swelling. And that is about all I understood from the doctor.
As soon as I found out I was getting this injection, I cried. I really do think that shots will be the death of me. I started breathing hard, and I thought I was going to faint.
After what seemed like hours I walked out of the doctor's office with a knee full of steroids.
I went to an amazing basketball game that night.
I swear I missed half of it, just waiting for a delicious Roxberry smoothie.
The part of the game that I did see was great.
I saw my friends from AF, including one who did not have such a good game earlier that day.
But I (midnight. (: ) know that he will buck up and have another great season next year.
I saw Jeff.
And when I did my heart sort of fluttered a little inside.
Stupid heart.

Saturday is a special day, it's a day we get ready for Sunday.
For mutual, we went sledding.
And may I say, I was the only laurel there.
LAURELS REPRESENT! not.
How pathetic is that? very.
I couldn't go sledding because of my darn knee full of crap.
but. I did have a blast with one of my best friends. (hmm what should I name her?)
Franny. (:
I tripped Franny and pushed her into the snow. But oh did karma come and bite me in the butt.
Where we went sledding there is a caretaker, and this caretaker has a dog. And this dog is the devil.
I swear it was a horse.
While running to the lodge, I looked back, wondering where Franny was, only to see this horse/devil/dog thing chasing me. I screamed. Out of no where it knocked my feet out from underneath me and started to eat my face. Actually, I'm exaggerating. It really did knock me down, but then came and licked and jumped on me. The worse part was the smell. Imagine a shriveled hobo, dipped in rancid ranch dressing times ten.
After that I went to a stake dance.
Of course I took a shower before. I'm not stupid.
The dance was strange, yet fun.
I thought I was going to die.
But later in the night I learned that it was just a miscommunication, and everything was okay. (:
It wasn't just okay. It was amazing.
Jeff gave me his glow stick to put in my flower holder in my car.
It is going to stay there forever. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment