1.17.2012

Pansy.

Just went tanning for the first time.
Scary? yes.

I don't like small spaces.
It's not like I'm super claustrophobic. But I feel like my fear of small spaces is getting worse as time goes by.
It's just so scary being stuck in a small spot! ahhhh.

In the last two days I've felt a little claustrophobic.

First time was yesterday at my uncle's house.

He has a brand new house. But that brand new house has a flaw. One of the bathroom doors is defective. Little did I know, but you can't lock it or you have major consequences.
So here I am trying to help Bubba wash his hands and flush the toilet. I decided to close and lock the door so that he wouldn't be peeing in front of the whole family. That's a given right? Close the door while you pee. So I tried to help the little guy out. We washed his hands and took the following picture:

We were happy. Life was great.
We're in a bathroom. He just peed. I was just a helpful sister. We love each other. So we took a picture.

I walk towards the door.
See the door in the picture.
I reach for the apparently locked door.
Wouldn't open.
Tried to unlock it.
Guess what.
It wouldn't open.
Frantically I turned the nob about a billion times per second.

Locked. 
"Ummm. We're locked in the bathroom..." I quietly yelled.
I hear an uproar of tall people laughs. Resulting in me banging my head against the door in angst. The bathroom is quite small, yet the walls are extremely tall.
We sat there for about ten minutes while my uncles tried to figure out how to get us out.
Then our picture looked like this.


Here we are. Sitting on our bums on the cold tile.
We were sad.
Bubba kind of has a "I'm eating my lip look".
I think it's safe to say I have a better puppy dog face. Even though he is super cute and if he could correctly pull off a puppy dog face he could rule the world.

A door minus a door handle and about ten minutes later we were free.
So that was small freaky space numba 1.

Numba 2?
The tanning salon.
Need I say I was only tanning for 6 minutes. I was still scared.
NO. I don't need you to lecture me on how bad it is for your skin. I know. That's why I did a special one without the harmful UV rays. Trust me. I thought way ahead.
Anyways. This isn't about my skin cancer filled future.
This is about that small little tanning bed I had to get into.
Laid down and pulled the little thing over me.
I felt like I was a astronaut or something.
Something from a movie where I was going to travel into space, or the unknown. I was scared. And those blue lights did not help. At all.
I was freaking out in there. Counting down the seconds.
And no. That automatic voice saying: "You are now about to have the best tanning experience of you life." Did not provide any sort of comfort.

Yes. I got a tiny color. But I'm at the verge of albino white that I don't think it really helps that much.

So pretty much. I'm becoming a bigger and bigger pansy as time goes by.
Somebody help me.
How do I not become a larger pansy then I am already!?

HELP!-
Pansy.





1 comment:

  1. Dudette! Totally know what you're saying about tanning beds. Pretty freaky, right? And I hate how the fans only blow warm air on you. Kind of defeats the purpose of a fan I feel like... The biggest thing that helped me when I would go tanning was either take your ipod or listen to the radio with your favorite song. And if you need to, open the bed and sit up for a second.

    Also, dying over the line, " We're in a bathroom. He just peed. I was just a helpful sister. We love each other. So we took a picture." pure. gold.

    ReplyDelete