1.10.2012

Life.

Right now.

I couldn't be more grateful for that little thing we call {LIFE}.


Yesterday, I had an eyeopening experience. I still feel a little shaken.
I want to tell the whole world. But as you know, I'm a little girl. And I can't do all things. But. I will do what I can. Because well. You never know.

For whatever reason I get teary when I talk about this. Even though, it just happened yesterday, it has yet to leave an eye dry by the end of my story.

Some background information.


  • Every day I pick up some girls from my neighborhood from their school.
  • I pick them up at exactly 3.
  • I try to get there at around 2:45.
  • Their school is about 15 away from mine.
  • On Mondays my school has "early out" and is let out at 1:15.
  • I was planning on staying after school to talk to teachers.
  • I was then going to go to Wal-Mart after talking to my teachers to get a few things.
  • I would then be on the road around 2:30. 


During lunch, my heart started to pound, and I had the most overwhelming feeling telling me it was time to go home. I tried to ignore the thought of going home, but I couldn't. At all. I wasn't trying to get out of class. My next class was Honors English. I adore that class! I simply felt that I should go home right then and there. Confused I drove home. As soon as I closed my car door my mom opened the house door and said: "I was worried about you." I wasn't planning on telling her that I had a feeling to come home, because I thought she would send me back to school with a little pat on the bum. Not really, but you get what I'm saying...  As soon as she said she was worried about me, I knew this was no coincidence. We sat there at talked until school was nearly out. Still having no explanation I drove to school with two minutes left, just in case somebody needed a ride home. A friend of mine did need a ride home, resulting in me completely forgetting to talk to my teachers and the need to go to Wal-Mart. My day went on as planned. I picked up the girls. Did some homework. Watched T.V. Everything, normal.
Later that night... I received this text: Today, this girl named Janelle R. was in a HUGE car accident outside of our high school. She has a broken pelvis in four spots, her bladder exploded, her skull is cracked, her brain has two blood clots, she is having problems with her kidney, and is in a coma. PLEASE keep Janelle in your prayers.
 The crash was at 2:30.
Right after reading that text that feeling overcame me again. And I KNEW why I had been directed to not go to fourth period.

I would have been a part of that accident. 


Words cannot describe how my heart aches and rejoices at the same time.

Just be grateful for life.
Love. Unconditionally.
Break the rules. For the right cause.
Forgive. Extremely fast.
Kiss. The right person.
Laugh. Until you cry.
Cry. Because you are happy.
Believe. Everything happens for a reason.
Travel. Often.
Eat. Every last bite.
Stop. Judging yourself to others.
Dream. Big.
Never. Give up.
Be true. To who you are.
Tell. Stories of hope.
Spend time. With the people who make you feel like a million bucks.
Make. People feel like a million bucks.
Create. Things you love.
Smile. When the going gets rough.
Every moment counts. 


I love my life.

I hope you love the one you are living.

Peace.
-Sam



2 comments:

  1. Sam this gave me the chills. I will definitely be praying for Janelle! God definitely works in mysterious ways! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam you are an amazing girl and such a great example!!! Love your advise!!!

    ReplyDelete