2.03.2010

man skirts, colds, and piano music.

I don't think that I can describe today with just one word. it was funny, with a dash of sickness, and a little optimism. My "friend" John Ah Mu (yes you may notice the "" marks, and there is a story, but i don't really want to talk about it today. and i could take up a lot of space even if i just talk about him. so I'm not going to right now.) is Samoan, half or fourth I'm not sure. Well it is missionary week in seminary, and to get 5 points you have to wear church appropriate dress. And John showed so much courage and confidence today. He wore a "man skirt". I'm not sure what it is called in Samoa, but it was sure funny. Sometimes that kid just makes me laugh like none other. People in Samoa wear that kind of church dress, and John wanted to show it off. But to tell you the truth i couldn't take him serious while he was wearing it. While walking to our lockers everyone was staring at him, some were laughing, some were pointing. But did john become self conscious? No way. I was astonished by the confidence he had.



Winter. I love it. the smells of fresh baked bread, the music, the family time, and the hot chocolate running down your throat. I absolutely love it. But there is one thing about the winter time that kills me. being sick. this is common occurrence at my house with my family. and i hate it. so much. I think i have been sick a total of ten times this winter. and I am sick right now, and it is killing me slowly. My parent still make me go to school, and i try to plaster on a smile for it. But it doesn't really work out for me, considering i walk up to get a tissue about every 3 minutes.

Piano. I hate it, but secretly i love it. I hate it when i have to practice stupid songs that i don't like out of a stupid piano book. I love it when i find some really cool song that i enjoy playing. but i usually don't. So i had piano lessons today, and i had to tell my teacher the truth, the fact that i didn't practice once that week. I don't think that she was surprised or disappointed, because sometimes it is a regular thing for me. but today a spark went off in my head. and i am somewhat excited for practicing........


“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” - Maria Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment