1.24.2011

This is a Story of a Girl.

I turn sixteen in four days. And let's just say, I am not ready for it. I'm slightly scared.
Just slightly.
Fifteen years has been everything I have ever hoped for. The sad thing is that I can never ever take it back. Ever. Sometimes, I wish that I could go back and change things around, stop time, stayed for that one more second, turned around, said those things. But, overall everything happens for a reason, and I know that some of my regrets were supposed to happen, to teach me to never do those things again. I guess it is somewhat shocking. In fifteen years I will be thirty. Wow. I only have three more years (as of Friday) to be a teenager. I wish I could just be five again. Five was a great year. No worries. No drama. No school. Just fun. Goodbye fifteen, I will never see you again, I'll miss you. You brought upon many tears, but many many laughs, giggles, smiles, friends, and life. I won't miss the hard things you gave me. I won't miss the time you thought it was right to give me a boy to break my heart and mend it just to break it again. I won't miss the time you gave my a broken ankle. I won't miss how you took away my best friends from me, because of seperate high schools. I won't miss the school work. I won't miss the day I had to leave EFY and some of my best friends. I won't miss getting hit in the face with the softball. I won't miss the time my grandma told me I suck at singing. I won't miss the awkward moments when you don't know anyone in you new class. I won't miss the time you thought you should start giving my A-'s in my school work. But fifteen, I am so grateful for you, you gave me one of the best years I have ever had. Thank you for EFY, Girl's Camp, and Softball camp. Thank you for the family reuinions. Thank you for keeping my grandparents with me for another year. Thank you for all the softball games, and the teammates. Thank you for that little awkward boy that was there on my birthday. Thank you for ninth grade, which was one of the best years so far. Thank you for the great grades. Thank you for teaching me a lesson about love. Thank you for showing me that friends are always going to be there for me. Thank you for Moab. Thank you for all my friendships that have been made stronger. Thank you for helping me realize that I am a daughter of God. Thank you for showing me some great music. Thank you for my first loopty-loop roller coaster, and loving it. Thank you for Bro. Darrington. Thank you for helping me get over my fear of clowns, roller coasters, and lightning. Thank you for the Featherstones, and our many adventures. Thank you for helping me grow up, but still remain a little kid.

So fifteen, thanks for being great.

No comments:

Post a Comment